Dollars for your project don’t grow on trees, but significant grant opportunities are available for the picking, and we can help. Over the years, we’ve worked on some 200 grant-funded projects, including helping secure more than $2.5 million in grants for our water and wastewater clients alone over the past five years. Check out some of the more prevalent grant opportunities we’ve seen, and contact us for expertise in submitting your application.
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund – The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) offers reduced interest rate loans and loan forgiveness opportunities (grants) for design and construction of wastewater infrastructure. Applications are due in early March each year.
- Flood Protection Planning Grants – Another TWDB program, these grants fund 50 percent of costs for evaluation of structural and nonstructural solutions to flooding problems.
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Improvement Program – The Federal Highway and Federal Transit administrations fund transportation improvements such as traffic signalization, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and bicycle and pedestrian projects to improve air quality and reduce traffic congestion in areas that don’t meet air quality standards.
- Statewide Transportation Enhancement Program (STEP) – The Texas Department of Transportation administers this federally funded program, which provides the opportunity for reimbursement of up to 80 percent of allowable costs on projects that go above and beyond standard transportation activities to contribute to the livelihood of communities, promote environmental quality and enhance the aesthetics of Texas roadways.
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program – FEMA provides grants to states and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration.
- Coastal Grants – The Texas General Land Office offers several grants with varying application deadlines for coastal and erosion planning.
These grant opportunities are often highly competitive, but we have been successful in securing significant dollars for our clients. To explore the possibilities for your upcoming project, contact us.