Hydrologic analysis of 872 square miles (approximately one-third of Harris County), covering four watersheds – Cypress Creek, Spring Creek, White Oak Bayou and Willow Creek – following Tropical Storm Allison and the subsequent remapping of area floodplains with new hydrologic and hydraulic studies. RPS:
- Developed hydrographs using the Clark unit hydrograph and modified Puhls routing technique.
- Used HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS and ESRI software (ArcMap, Spatial Analyst, and 3-D Analyst) to develop the hydrologic parameters and establish peak flow rates.
- Coordinated closely with program managers for FEMA and Harris County Flood Control District to monitor progress and technical issues.
- Worked with the hydraulic consultant on our watersheds to jointly develop compatible HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS models and to extract hydrologic parameters from the HEC-RAS models.
- Calibrated the HEC-HMS models to existing U.S. Geological Survey stream flow data.
- Developed HEC-RAS models to evaluate major overflows out of two of the watersheds.